Lenné Virtual Tastings
Virtual tastings are wine tastings streamed for broadcast. Lenné produces these every Spring and Fall, covering the wines in our club shipping allocations. Of course we prefer to pour the wines in the tasting room, but for wine club members who live far away, these videos are a way to get some insight into the new releases.
We began recording virtual tastings during 2020 and 2021, when public health measures during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic kept people home, and greatly reduced our tasting room capacity. We also booked numerous private virtual tastings, where we shipped packages of 5oz bottles; a perfect size for 2-4 tasters. These packages came with an hour-long Zoom session with our winemaker Steve Lutz, where he would sample and discuss the wines on live video.
Follow the links below to view past virtual tastings, and join our mailing list to get a heads up on more virtual tastings coming up in the future.
Virtual Tastings Archive
Most of our virtual tastings feature Steve Lutz, Lenne's founder and winemaker (through 2021), and Eric Bruce, Lenné's Hospitality Manager. These are archived on YouTube or on the Lenné Instagram feed. To view live virtual tastings you need the Instagram Ap on your phone or tablet.
- Fall 2023 shipping Wine Club release. Lenné General Manager Eric Bruce is joined by tasting associate Sapna Khemlani to taste through the six wines in this release, plus a few bonus pours.
- Fall 2022 shipping Wine Club release. Steve and Eric debut the 2021 vintage. Wines: 2021 LeNez, 2021 Lenne Estate, 2021 Sad Jack 777 clone, 2021 Chardonnay, 2019 Eleanor's 114 clone, and 2011 Jill's 115 clone.
- Spring 2022 shipping Wine Club release. Steve and Eric taste through the six wines in the Spring shipping release. Wines: 2018 Sad Jack, 2019 LeNez, 2019 Jill's 115 clone, 2019 Kill Hill, 2020 LeNez, 2020 Estate.
- Fall 2021 shipping Wine Club release -- Steve and Eric taste through the six wines in our Fall 2021 wine club shipping release, including the first reveal of our 2020 pinot noirs. Smoky or not? Wines: 2017 LeNez, 2017 South Slope, 2019 Sad Jack, 2019 cinq elus, 2020 LeNez, 2020 Lenne Estate.
- Spring 2021 shipping Wine Club release -- Steve and Eric will taste through the 6 wines in our recent Spring 2021 shipping club release and discuss the vintages, clones, vineyard activity, and more. Wines covered: 2016 Lenne Estate, 2017 Lenez, 2018 Sad Jack 777 clone 2019 LeNez, 2019 Lenne Estate, 2019 Jill's 115 clone.
- Saturday, February 13, 2021 -- Our winemaker Steve Lutz will lead a virtual tasting featuring the six wines in our Valentine's weekend extended reserve flight. The mini-bottle package sold out in two days, and we plan to offer more such packages in the future.
- January 6, 2021, @ 5:00pm -- Our "first Wednesday" tasting featured our Lead Wine Educator Eric Bruce tasting through our chardonnays and some single clone pinot noirs.
- December 4th, 2020 -- Lenne winemaker Steve Lutz and Eric Bruce taste through the six premium wines offered in our Thanksgiving 2020 package.
- November 5, 2020 -- Steve Lutz and Eric Bruce taste through the six wines offered in our Fall 2020 wine club release.
- October 7, 2020 -- Lead Wine Educator Eric Bruce shows off grapes in various stages of ripeness and talks about grape growth cycles, vineyard timeframes, pinot noir clones, and blending clones in pinot noir.
- September 2, 2020 -- Part One and part two -- Eric details the differences in the Lenné single clone wines, including Dijon 115, Dijon 114, Dijon 777, and Pommard.
- August 22, 2020 -- Part One & Part Two -- Live broadcast of our open-to-the-public Chardonnay blind tasting, featuring great chards from around the world.
- August 5, 2020 -- Eric Bruce our Hospitality Manager talks about recent vintages and the four essential criteria for a premium Oregon pinot noir vineyard. (Some tech problems on this video; bear with the stuttering.)
- May 30, 2020 -- A horizontal tasting of our 2011 single clones + Kill Hill, plus Pinot Noirs around the world blind tasting.
- May 16, 2020 -- Perfect Pizza Tutorial. Steve demonstrates how simple it is to make a great wood-fired pizza from scratch. Join our wine club to enjoy it yourself.
- May 9, 2020 -- Kill Hill tasting, including the 2011, 2017, and 2018 vintages. -- View this tasting here, on You Tube.
- May 2, 2020 -- Eric is joined by tasting room associate Sapna to talk about Lenne wines and various "Tasting Room 101" topics. Watch video here.
- April 25, 2020 -- 2017 single clones compared and contrasted. Steve talks about the vineyard (5 min), and Steve and Eric do the full tasting and discuss Pinot Noir clones.
April 18, 2020 -- Lenne Estate pinot noir 2014-2018 vertical tasting. Watch it here.