There is no sales tax on orders shipped to Oregon addresses.
A beautiful example of premium Willamette Valley Chardonnay, with bright fruit notes and a crisp acidity. Smooth and velvety, but never buttery on the finish, unlike hotter climate Chardonnays.
A truly exceptional bouquet of floral aromatics greet the nose, along with hints of vanilla and brioche. The mouthfeel is exquisite, smoother and softer than our normal Chardonnay, with bright fruit notes of pear, green apple, and tropical fruits. The finish is supple and lingering, as velvety as any California chardonnay, but not cloying or buttery.
We have less than an acre of Chardonnay planted on our vineyard, and produce only a couple of hundred cases a year. All of our Chardonnay is aged in French oak puncheons; 500 liter barrels that are about 2.5x the capacity of a normal 60 gallon wine barrel. After around 10 months, 90% of that Chardonnay is tapped off, fined, filtered, and bottled; our normal Chardonnay. The remaining 10%, plus all the lees in the barrels, is transferred into a steel tank and aged another 8-10 months at around 40°, a process called "overwintering." This process is largely responsible for the amazing aromatics and smoother mouthfeel displayed by our reserve Chardonnay.
Lenne's Chardonnay is made by winemaker Drew Voit, in collaboration with our winemaker Steve Lutz. This reserve Chardonnay is named after Steve and Karen's beloved rescue terrier, Scarlett O'Hair.